Neutralizing antibodies from early cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection offer cross-protection against the SARS-CoV-2 D614G variant
Cheryl Yi-Pin Lee,
Siti Naqiah Amrun,
Rhonda Sin-Ling Chee,
Yun Shan Goh,
Nicholas Kim-Wah Yeo,
Zi Wei Chang,
Matthew Zirui Tay,
Chek Meng Poh,
Barnaby Edward Young,
David C. Lye,
Raymond T. P. Lin,
Lisa FP Ng
Posted 09 Oct 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.10.08.332544
Posted 09 Oct 2020
The emergence of a SARS-CoV-2 variant with a point mutation in the spike (S) protein, D614G, has taken precedence over the original Wuhan isolate by May 2020. With an increased infection and transmission rate, it is imperative to determine whether antibodies induced against the D614 isolate may cross-neutralize against the G614 variant. In this report, profiling of the anti-SARS-CoV-2 humoral immunity reveals similar neutralization profiles against both S protein variants, albeit waning neutralizing antibody capacity at the later phase of infection. These findings provide further insights towards the validity of current immune-based interventions.
- Downloaded 281 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 66,263 out of 104,020
- In immunology: 1,945 out of 3,257
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 20,279 out of 104,020
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 1,126 out of 104,020
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!