We introduce a MATLAB based simulation toolbox, called txtlsim, for an E. coli based Transcription-Translation (TX- TL) system. This toolbox accounts for several cell-free related phenomena, such as resource loading, consumption, and degradation, and in doing so, models the dynamics of TX-TL reactions for the entire duration of batch-mode experiments. We use a Bayesian parameter inference approach to characterize the reaction rate parameters associated with the core transcription, translation and mRNA degradation mechanics of the toolbox, allowing it to reproduce constitutive mRNA and protien expression trajectories. We demonstrate the use of this characterized toolbox in a circuit behavior prediction case study for an incoherent feed-forward loop. ### Competing Interest Statement RMM and ZZS declare a conflict of interest: RMM, ZZS hold ownership in Tierra Biosciences (formerly Synvitrobio). The work presented here was funded off of a DARPA SBIR to Synvitrobio, Inc. (ZZS), contract No: W911NF-16-P-0003, and a Caltech Grubstake Grant (RMM, ZZS).
- Downloaded 402 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 62,267
- In synthetic biology: 723
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 38,958
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 38,958
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!