REGN-COV2 antibody cocktail prevents and treats SARS-CoV-2 infection in rhesus macaques and hamsters
Gurinder S. Atwal,
Hilary M Staples,
Mark G Lewis,
Andrew J Murphy,
George D Yancopoulos,
Christos A. Kyratsous
Posted 03 Aug 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.08.02.233320
Posted 03 Aug 2020
An urgent global quest for effective therapies to prevent and treat COVID-19 disease is ongoing. We previously described REGN-COV2, a cocktail of two potent neutralizing antibodies (REGN10987+REGN10933) targeting non-overlapping epitopes on the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. In this report, we evaluate the in vivo efficacy of this antibody cocktail in both rhesus macaques and golden hamsters and demonstrate that REGN-COV-2 can greatly reduce virus load in lower and upper airway and decrease virus induced pathological sequalae when administered prophylactically or therapeutically. Our results provide evidence of the therapeutic potential of this antibody cocktail. ### Competing Interest Statement Regeneron authors own options and/or stock of the company. This work has been described in one or more pending provisional patent applications. N.S, A.J.M., G.D.Y. and C.A.K. are officers of Regeneron.
- Downloaded 6,183 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 574 out of 100,444
- In microbiology: 90 out of 8,897
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 188 out of 100,444
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: None out of 100,444
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 20 Oct 2020: Support for sorting preprints using Twitter activity has been removed, at least temporarily, until a new source of social media activity data becomes available.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!