DNA methylation signatures of aggression and closely related constructs: A meta-analysis of epigenome-wide studies across the lifespan
Jenny van Dongen,
Fiona A. Hagenbeek,
Matthew J. Suderman,
Andreas G. Chiocchetti,
Rosa H. Mulder,
Rosie M. Walker,
Stewart W Morris,
Leanne K Küpers,
Hill F. Ip,
Bart M. L. Baselmans,
Pashupati Prasad Mishra,
Olivier F. Colins,
Juan Ramón Gonzalez,
Kristine B. Gutzkow,
Dennis van der Meer,
Gareth E. Davies,
Christine M. Freitag,
Olli T. Raitakari,
Stephanie H. Witt,
Nancy L. Pedersen,
Terrie E. Moffitt,
Marinus H. van Ijzendoorn,
Caroline L. Relton,
Kathryn L. Evans,
Posted 22 Jul 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.07.22.215939
Posted 22 Jul 2020
DNA methylation profiles of aggressive behavior may capture lifetime cumulative effects of genetic, stochastic, and environmental influences associated with aggression. Here, we report the first large meta analysis of epigenome wide association studies (EWAS) of aggressive behavior (N 15,324 participants). ### Competing Interest Statement The following authors declare a conflict of interest: Barbara Franke received educational speaking fees from Medice. Andrew M. McIntosh has received research support from Eli Lilly, Janssen and The Sackler Trust and speaker fees from Illumina and Janssen. Christine M. Freitag has received funding by the DFG, BMBF, State of Hessen, and the EU. She receives royalties for books on ASD, ADHD, and MDD.
- Downloaded 191 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 82,502 out of 105,890
- In genetics: 4,317 out of 5,105
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 34,284 out of 105,890
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 10,504 out of 105,890
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!