The ethylene response factor (ERF) transcription factor is a subfamily of AP2/ERF superfamily in plants, which plays multiple roles in plant growth and development as well as stress response. In this study, we found that the GsERF gene from BW69 line of wild soybean held a constitutive expression pattern and induced by aluminum stress with more transcripts in soybean root. The putative GsERF protein containing an AP2 domain was in the nucleus and transactivation activity. In addition, the overexpression of the GsERF gene enhanced root relative length rate in Arabidopsis and shallow staining by hematoxylin under the treatments of AlCl3. The ethylene synthesis related genes such as ACS4, ACS5 and ACS6 are upregulated in the GsERF overexpressed plants than those in wild type plants under the treatment of AlCl3. Furthermore, expression levels of stress/ABA-responsive marker genes, including ABI1, ABI2, ABI4, ABI5, RD29B and RD22 in transgenic lines compared with those in wild type Arabidopsis were affected by AlCl3 treatments. Taken together, the results indicate that overexpression of GsERF may enhance aluminum tolerance through an ethylene-mediated pathway and/or ABA signaling pathway in Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Downloaded 69 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 124,899
- In molecular biology: 3,795
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 88,023
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 88,023
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!