Chromosome-scale genome assembly of Fusarium oxysporum strain Fo47, a fungal endophyte and biocontrol agent
H. Corby Kistler,
Posted 23 May 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.22.110718
Posted 23 May 2020
Here, we report a chromosome-level genome assembly of Fusarium oxysporum strain Fo47 (12 pseudomolecules; contig N50: 4.52Mb), generated using a combination of PacBio long-read, Illumina pair-ended and Hi-C sequencing data. Although F. oxysporum causes vascular wilt to over 100 plant species, the strain Fo47 is classified as an endophyte and widely used as a biocontrol agent for plant disease control. The Fo47 genome carries a single accessory chromosome of 4.23 Mb, compared to the reference genome of F. oxysporum f.sp. lycopersici strain Fol4287. The high-quality assembly and annotation of the Fo47 genome will be a valuable resource for studying the mechanisms underlying the endophytic interactions between F. oxysporum and plants, as well as deciphering the genome evolution of the F. oxysporum species complex. ### Competing Interest Statement The authors have declared no competing interest.
- Downloaded 169 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 85,982 out of 103,764
- In genomics: 5,775 out of 6,382
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 39,673 out of 103,764
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 30,756 out of 103,764
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!