In this study, we reported for the first time the existence of complemented palindrome small RNAs (cpsRNAs) and proposed cpsRNAs and palindrome small RNAs (psRNAs) as a novel class of small RNAs. The first discovered cpsRNA UCUUUAACAAGCUUGUUAAAGA from SARS coronavirus named SARS-CoV-cpsR-22 contained 22 nucleotides perfectly matching its reverse complementary sequence. Further sequence analysis supported that SARS-CoV-cpsR-22 originated from bat betacoronavirus. The results of RNAi experiments showed that one 19-nt segment of SARS-CoV-cpsR-22 significantly induced cell apoptosis. These results suggested that SARS-CoV-cpsR-22 could play a role in SARS-CoV infection or pathogenicity. The discovery of psRNAs and cpsRNAs paved the way to find new markers for pathogen detection and reveal the mechanisms in the infection or pathogenicity from a different point of view. The discovery of psRNAs and cpsRNAs also broaden the understanding of palindrome motifs in animal of plant genomes.
- Downloaded 19,578 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 329
- In genomics: 14
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 46,573
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 46,573
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!