Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 66,827 bioRxiv papers from 294,255 authors.
Salmon provides accurate, fast, and bias-aware transcript expression estimates using dual-phase inference
We introduce Salmon, a new method for quantifying transcript abundance from RNA-seq reads that is highly-accurate and very fast. Salmon is the first transcriptome-wide quantifier to model and correct for fragment GC content bias, which we demonstrate substantially improves the accuracy of abundance estimates and the reliability of subsequent differential expression analysis compared to existing methods that do not account for these biases. Salmon achieves its speed and accuracy by combining a new dual-phase parallel inference algorithm and feature-rich bias models with an ultra-fast read mapping procedure. These innovations yield both exceptional accuracy and order-of-magnitude speed benefits over alignment-based methods.
- Downloaded 19,390 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 33 out of 66,863
- In bioinformatics: 3 out of 6,601
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 189 out of 66,863
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 222 out of 66,863
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!