SmartScope2: Simultaneous Imaging and Reconstruction of Neuronal Morphology
Jonathan T Ting,
Ryder P Gwinn,
Posted 21 Mar 2017
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/118927 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41598-017-10067-w)
Posted 21 Mar 2017
Quantitative analysis of neuronal morphology is critical in cell type classification and for deciphering how structure gives rise to function in the brain. Most current approaches to imaging and tracing neuronal 3D morphology are data intensive. We introduce SmartScope2, the first open source, automated neuron reconstruction machine integrating online image analysis with automated multiphoton imaging. SmartScope2 takes advantage of a neuron's sparse morphology to improve imaging speed and reduce image data stored, transferred and analyzed. We show that SmartScope2 is able to produce the complex 3D morphology of human and mouse cortical neurons with six-fold reduction in image data requirements and three times the imaging speed compared to conventional methods.
- Downloaded 547 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 47,563
- In bioinformatics: 4,969
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 131,089
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 128,862
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!