BPG: Seamless, Automated and Interactive Visualization of Scientific Data
Lauren C. Chong,
Stephenie D. Prokopec,
Denise Y.F. Mak,
Marco A Albuquerque,
Esther H. Jung,
Maud HW Starmans,
Michelle A. Chan-Seng-Yue,
Cindy Q. Yao,
Nicole A. Simone,
Kenneth C. Chu,
Nathalie C. Moon,
Natalie S. Fox,
Michal R. Grzadkowski,
Nicholas J. Harding,
Amanda R. Murdoch,
Kathleen E. Houlahan,
David R. Garcia,
Richard de Borja,
Ren X. Sun,
Gregory M. Chen,
Paul C. Boutros
Posted 26 Jun 2017
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/156067 (published DOI: 10.1186/s12859-019-2610-2)
Posted 26 Jun 2017
We introduce BPG, an easy-to-use framework for generating publication-quality, highly-customizable plots in the R statistical environment. This open-source package includes novel methods of displaying high-dimensional datasets and facilitates generation of complex multi-panel figures, making it ideal for complex datasets. A web-based interactive tool allows online figure customization, from which R code can be downloaded for seamless integration with computational pipelines. BPG is available at http://labs.oicr.on.ca/boutros-lab/software/bpg.
- Downloaded 755 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 14,374 out of 76,817
- In bioinformatics: 2,285 out of 7,425
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 69,145 out of 76,817
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 74,592 out of 76,817
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!