Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 64,798 bioRxiv papers from 287,283 authors.
Inviting 210 boxers of national athletes in China as participants, this study applied the NEO Five-Factor Inventory and self-control and self-efficacy scales for athletes to examine the relationship between personality traits and self-control, as well as any effect of self-efficacy as a mediator between the two variables. The data analysis indicated that, firstly, the boxers' overall level of self-control is high, and the higher the competitive level, the higher the level of self-control. Secondly, there were significant correlations among the Big Five, self-control, and self-efficacy. Thirdly, the mediation model showed that self-efficacy has a significant mediating effect between the Big Five and self-control. These results suggest that formulating training and intervention programs based on the personality traits of boxers and focusing on training their self-efficacy (1) to help them enhance their self-control ability, thereby improving athletic performance and promoting physical and mental health, and (2) to support the inclusion of personality traits, self-efficacy, and self-control among psychological indicators to be assessed in boxers.
- Downloaded 613 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 15,348 out of 64,798
- In scientific communication and education: 149 out of 467
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 7,396 out of 64,798
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 11,296 out of 64,798
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!