An XA21-Associated Kinase (OsSERK2) regulates immunity mediated by the XA21 and XA3 immune receptors
Patrick E. Canlas,
Christopher J. Petzold,
Joshua L. Heazlewood,
Pamela C Ronald
Posted 26 Nov 2013
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/000950 (published DOI: 10.1093/mp/ssu003)
Posted 26 Nov 2013
The rice XA21 immune receptor kinase and the structurally related XA3 receptor, confer immunity to Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae (Xoo), the causal agent of bacterial leaf blight. Here we report the isolation of OsSERK2 (rice somatic embryogenesis receptor kinase 2) and demonstrate that OsSERK2 positively regulates immunity mediated by XA21 and XA3 as well as the rice immune receptor FLS2 (OsFLS2). Rice plants silenced for OsSerk2 display altered morphology and reduced sensitivity to the hormone brassinolide. OsSERK2 interacts with the intracellular domains of each immune receptor in the yeast-two-hybrid system in a kinase activity dependent manner. OsSERK2 undergoes bidirectional trans-phosphorylation with XA21 in vitro and forms a constitutive complex with XA21 in vivo. Taken together, these results demonstrate an essential role for OsSERK2 in the function of three rice immune receptors and suggest that direct interaction with the rice immune receptors is critical for their function.
- Downloaded 1,340 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 24,262
- In plant biology: 309
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 172,514
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 123,678
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 27 Nov 2020: The website and API now include results pulled from medRxiv as well as bioRxiv.
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!