Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 62,482 bioRxiv papers from 277,419 authors.
Low Rate of Somatic Mutations in a Long-Lived Oak Tree
Christian S. Hardtke,
John R. Pannell,
Posted 13 Jun 2017
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/149203 (published DOI: 10.1038/s41477-017-0066-9)
Posted 13 Jun 2017
Because plants do not possess a proper germline, deleterious somatic mutations can be passed to gametes and a large number of cell divisions separating zygote from gamete formation in long-lived plants may lead to many mutations. We sequenced the genome of two terminal branches of a 234-year-old oak tree and found few fixed somatic single-nucleotide variants (SNVs), whose sequential appearance in the tree could be traced along nested sectors of younger branches. Our data suggest that stem cells of shoot meristems are robustly protected from accumulation of mutations in trees.
- Downloaded 2,918 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 1,139 out of 62,482
- In plant biology: 13 out of 1,750
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 30,071 out of 62,482
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 50,795 out of 62,482
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!