Rxivist combines preprints from bioRxiv with data from Twitter to help you find the papers being discussed in your field. Currently indexing 67,044 bioRxiv papers from 295,131 authors.
Degenerative expansion of a young supergene
Carolina I Paris,
Susan J Brown,
Stephen J Rossiter,
Posted 20 May 2018
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/326645 (published DOI: 10.1093/molbev/msy236)
Posted 20 May 2018
Suppressed recombination ultimately leads to gene loss, as demonstrated by the depauperate Y chromosomes of long-established XY pairs. To understand the shorter term effects, we used high-resolution optical mapping and k-mer distribution analysis in a young non-recombining region of fire ant social chromosomes. Instead of shrinking, the region has increased in length by more than 30%. This demonstrates that degenerative expansion can occur during the early evolution of non-recombining regions.
- Downloaded 483 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 21,858 out of 67,048
- In evolutionary biology: 1,594 out of 4,461
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 33,666 out of 67,048
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 43,066 out of 67,048
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- Top preprints of 2018
- Paper search
- Author leaderboards
- Overall metrics
- The API
- Email newsletter
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!