Major functional bias for mitochondrial complexes in genome-wide CRISPR screens
Amy H. Y. Tong,
Henry N. Ward,
Kevin R. Brown,
Brenda J. Andrews,
Chad L. Myers
Posted 31 Aug 2020
bioRxiv DOI: 10.1101/2020.08.31.273730
Posted 31 Aug 2020
We present FLEX (Functional evaluation of experimental perturbations), a pipeline that leverages several functional annotation resources to establish reference standards for benchmarking human genome-wide CRISPR screen data and methods for analyzing them. We apply FLEX to analyze data from the diverse cell line screens generated by the DepMap project. We identify a dominant mitochondria-associated signal, which our time-resolved CRISPR screens and analysis suggests may reflect screen dynamics and protein stability effects rather than genetic dependencies. ### Competing Interest Statement J.M. is a shareholder in Northern Biologics and Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, and is an advisor and shareholder of Century Therapeutics and Aelian Biotechnology.
- Downloaded 273 times
- Download rankings, all-time:
- Site-wide: 67,604 out of 103,809
- In systems biology: 1,889 out of 2,616
- Year to date:
- Site-wide: 21,050 out of 103,809
- Since beginning of last month:
- Site-wide: 22,891 out of 103,809
Downloads over time
Distribution of downloads per paper, site-wide
- 18 Dec 2019: We're pleased to announce PanLingua, a new tool that enables you to search for machine-translated bioRxiv preprints using more than 100 different languages.
- 21 May 2019: PLOS Biology has published a community page about Rxivist.org and its design.
- 10 May 2019: The paper analyzing the Rxivist dataset has been published at eLife.
- 1 Mar 2019: We now have summary statistics about bioRxiv downloads and submissions.
- 8 Feb 2019: Data from Altmetric is now available on the Rxivist details page for every preprint. Look for the "donut" under the download metrics.
- 30 Jan 2019: preLights has featured the Rxivist preprint and written about our findings.
- 22 Jan 2019: Nature just published an article about Rxivist and our data.
- 13 Jan 2019: The Rxivist preprint is live!